Intermodal transportation is combined ‘door-to-door’ delivery using various means of transportation, executed and controlled through a single operational center.
At each consecutive stage of transportation planning and execution the control center coordinates and connects efforts of all involved parties – consignors, carriers, and cargo terminals – with the aim to speed up cargo progress and to reduce overall transportation costs.
Intermodal transportation allows cargo owner to avoid signing contracts with each participant of the delivery chain and provide integrated approach to cargo delivery to the point of destination.
Combining several means of transportation NEK specialists will draw an optimal transportation route for a given customer minimizing transportation costs and reducing possible risks.
Owing to close and regular relations with leading container shipping lines, port forwarders, terminals in Russia, Western Europe, North and South Americas, South-Eastern Asia, and CIS countries we are prepared to offer our customers a whole range of services for ‘door-to-door’ intermodal transportation of any cargo including dangerous and oversized:
- Design of optimal transportation route.
- Transport provision on agreed dates.
- Cargo forwarding, processing at terminals, in-port forwarding.
- Cargo insurance, surveying, documentation and permissions, customs brokerage (export/import/internal transit).
- Payment of Russian and international auto, air, and rail freight tariffs.
- Preparation of all cargo documents.
- ‘Door-to-door’ cargo delivery using own network of offices and agents.
- Cargo dispatching and tracking.